Re: new.net (was: Root Server DDoS Attack: What The Media Did Not Tell You)

2002-12-02 16:14:48
From: "Stephen Sprunk" <ssprunk(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>

I'm not sure it's been demonstrated anyone other than the _registrars_
actually want more gTLD's.  biz and info have been up for quite a while and
I can only think of one web site I've been to in either of them.  ...

I've found that the spam filter of rejecting all mail from .tv, .biz,
.info, .bz, .nu, and .ws has had a 0.0% false positive rate.  There's
not enough of that spam to make this filter exciting, but it is distinctly
useful.  Those domains are actively marketed to spammers or sound cool
to spammers and other incompetent sales people.

Of course, you're mileage may vary, especially if you have a legitimate
domain in one of those TLDs.