RE: a personal opinion on what to do about the sub-ip area

2002-12-11 05:35:28
What Randy says!

Thanks,
Bert

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Bush [mailto:randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com]
Sent: woensdag 11 december 2002 2:08
To: Yakov Rekhter
Cc: Paul Hoffman / VPNC; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: a personal opinion on what to do about the sub-ip area

 1. Are we discussing whether to shut down asap the WGs that are
    presently in the sub-IP area ?

maybe some folk are.  in fact, the ietf is now big enough that
surely someone is.  but i don't think it is one of the alternatives
which harald, bert, scott, the iesg, ... put forward

 2. Are we discussing whether to move these WGs from one area to
    another, while making sure that such move would have no impact
    on the work that is going on in these WGs ?

that was one of the alternatives.  though possibly some folk thought
it might have a positive impact on the work going on in the wgs.

 3. Are we discussing whether it would be possible to shut down the
    WGs that are presently in the sub-IP area  without stating this
    explicitly by dissolving the sub-IP area and moving these WGs
    to some other areas ?

indeed, you may be discussing that.  seems you are.  but i don't think
harald, bert, scott, the iesg ... were doing so.

randy