RE: a personal opinion on what to do about the sub-ip area

2002-12-09 13:51:20
Here's my personal opinion.

I think we have two suck^H^H^H^Hvolunteers :-)

I think the area's WGs need ADs who have been close enough to keep the
continuity of relations with other standards bodies, the past work, etc.

Regarding whether there is a need for an area long-term, it would depend on how
we foresee the charter of each WG developing.

ccamp: no opinion, since I haven't been keeping pace
gsmp: their work is nearly done (according to my interpretation of Avri's
comments)
ipo: no opinion, since I haven't been keeping pace
mpls: long-term
ppvpn: possibly long-term
tewg: their work is nearly done too (from the tewg minutes posted by Jim Boyle)

We "don't have visibility into the next year", so we should keep the area as is,
which would allow the greatest progress in those WGs that are close to done.  We
will also know better what to do with the remaining WGs.  If at that point,
there's still work to be done, but not enough long-term WGs to warrant an area,
I am perfectly happy to close the area, and move ccamp and mpls to RTG and ppvpn
to (TSV | RTG).

-Vach