Re: a personal opinion on what to do about the sub-ip area

2002-12-09 13:36:41
And is that because members of the "larger" community were not allowed to
participate in those WGs whose decisions adversely impacted their interests?

I've certainly seen such participation discouraged, and the contributions
of "outside" participants dismissed as irrelevant, by even working group
chairs.  I've also seen working groups drastically exceed, and in some
cases ignore, charters which were designed to limit the harm they
could do.

And your argument is a fallacy.  The workings of special interest groups can
and often do have a significant effect on the general population, but nobody
can afford the time and energy it takes to keep track of every special
interest group that might affect him.

Keith