Re: a personal opinion on what to do about the sub-ip area

2002-12-10 14:39:41
At 1:03 PM -0800 12/10/02, Yakov Rekhter wrote:
I think it would be worthwhile to ask the following three questions:

 1. Are we discussing whether to shut down asap the WGs that are
    presently in the sub-IP area ?

 2. Are we discussing whether to move these WGs from one area to
    another, while making sure that such move would have no impact
    on the work that is going on in these WGs ?

 3. Are we discussing whether it would be possible to shut down the
    WGs that are presently in the sub-IP area  without stating this
    explicitly by dissolving the sub-IP area and moving these WGs
    to some other areas ?

Based on the discussion this week, these are all very good questions.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium