Re: a personal opinion on what to do about the sub-ip area

2002-12-09 14:01:16

increasingly often I find WGs whose definition of "the best possible
outcome" is inconsistent with, and in some cases almost diametrically
opposed to, the interests of the larger community.

I have two problems with this statement. First, while I am all for being critical of our processes for the purposes of improving them, we as a group should avoid making these sorts of generalizations. Say what you will about Dan Bernstein. At least his complaints are specific and backed up.

Second, I believe the complaints that are alluded to have been raised again and again and again. Can we as a community learn to agree to disagree on points of architecture, once decisions have been made?

Eliot