Re: a personal opinion on what to do about the sub-ip area

2002-12-09 17:25:24

FWIW, I support Scott's suggestion. We went somewhat different paths,
but finally came to the same conclusion. I'm personally skeptical at
this moment about SUB-IP becoming a permanent area (area overlaps,
mission statement, expected number of WGs, etc.), but we did hear in
Atlanta a strong message from the SUB-IP community against closing the
area at this time. IMO our best shot now is to continue as is, and
revisit the question in a year or when the situation with "about-to-
conclude" WGs clarifies.

Alex