Re: DNSEXT WGLC Summary: AXFR clarify

2002-12-19 07:31:47
On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 02:14:16PM -0800,
 Bill Strahm <bill(_at_)strahm(_dot_)net> wrote
 a message of 64 lines which said:

Saying that WG chairs can not work for companies that need the
efforts of the WG seems like setting up a big failure,

Valdis did not suggest that we *forbid* people to work for companies
involved in the work of the WG they chair. Just that we ask them to
*disclose* such "potential conflicts of interest". (BTW, in the
present case, I do not think it has anything to do with a real
conflict of interest and everything to do with Bernstein's madness.)

To me, it is a very reasonable idea: it goes toward more transparency,
which is a good thing. The Internet is a big business now. We can no
longer assume that all IETF members are benevolent and disinterested
academics working only for the common good.

Disclaimer :-) I work for the French registry. We are members of the
BIND forum and therefore linked with ISC.