axfr-notes.html

2003-02-14 20:27:12
It has become clear that the BIND company's ``AXFR clarifications'' are
never going to turn into an honest description of the AXFR protocol.

Consequently, for the sake of interoperability, I sat down after my last
message and wrote a web page saying how AXFR actually works:

   http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/axfr-notes.html

Comments are welcome from anyone who wants to help future implementors.
Comments are not welcome from people who are demanding (for commercial
reasons or for religious reasons) that most of the DNS servers on the
Internet be changed to imitate BIND 9.

---D. J. Bernstein, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics,
Statistics, and Computer Science, University of Illinois at Chicago