Re: Warning about the use of abusive language

2003-02-20 02:19:36

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

Accusations of "dishonesty" and "fraud" in a technical discussion are
normally considered "unprofessional".

Harald - I must agree with the views expressed by Dr. Bernstein.  As you
know Harald I have had the pleasure of watching the i$ociety these past 10
years and the facts clearly show many members of the same use dishonesty
and fraud as their currency of choice.

  2. IETF participants develop and test ideas impartially, without
     finding fault with the colleague proposing the idea.

     We dispute ideas by using reasoned argument, rather than through
     intimidation or ad hominem attack.  Or, said in a somewhat more
     IETF-like way:

yes - thats one thing thats nice about the ietf.  at least when it works.

love and kisses
joe baptista

Joe Baptista - only at www.baptista.god

          .film domain registration available at http://www.register.film
             another inclusive namespace Top Level Domain