Re: Financial state of the IETF - to be presented Wednesday

2003-03-17 14:46:56
Claus Färber wrote:

What about holiday resorts at the beginning and the end of the holiday season?

Or for that matter, entirely outside the holiday season? Sure it might be too hot to go outside in, say, Cancun in August... but how many attendees really do go outside much? (That's not just a rhetorical question; I've never been to an IETF, but I've been to plenty of conventions where practically NOBODY leaves the hotel for several days, and some where nobody STAYS there for any meals.) There are even some places that might be BETTER outside "the season" -- at a ski resort, you wouldn't have to deal with the snow in summer.

--
David J. Aronson, Software Engineer for hire in Washington DC area.
See http://destined.to/program/ for online resume, references, etc.