Re: Barrel-bottom scraping

2003-03-20 11:07:46
On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 06:58:32AM +0200, Pekka Savola allegedly wrote:
On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
[...] However, I think doing some ISOC/IETF joint
tutorials just before an IETF is definitely worth a try.

That would unarguably incur a clear increase or tourists and/or disrupting
marketeers/managers. Bu this may already be considered to be happening --
now we'd just get the cash in.

Tutorials, as a fundraising service of ISOC and IETF, don't need to be
contiguous with the IETF meetings.

But then again, we need more silent participants anyway, according to the
slides.

I wonder if this would be a bug or feature.

Right.  I suggest we try some contiguous tutorials to start with, and if
they are *too* successful we can either add some discontiguous ones or
move the ones we have.

I don't know what attendance was like at the later INET tutorials.
Perhaps we could just take over the whole format?