Re: Barrel-bottom scraping

2003-03-23 15:10:50
On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, John A. Loughney wrote:
On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 06:58:32AM +0200, Pekka Savola allegedly wrote:
On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
[...] However, I think doing some ISOC/IETF joint
tutorials just before an IETF is definitely worth a try.

That would unarguably incur a clear increase or tourists and/or
disrupting
marketeers/managers. Bu this may already be considered to be
happening --
now we'd just get the cash in.

Aren't we being a bit holery-than-though?  Are we suggesting that we are
superior than tourists, marketers, mangagers? This is one very bad
feature of the IETF - many of us feel that we are superior than others.

I'm not saying *superior*, just *different*.  I'm not really interested in
marketing, management etc. conferences either.

I fail to see what added value they might bring, but as long as they
wouldn't waste any more time on the meetings (by de facto requiring making
dumber slides etc.) or make the meeting room reservations more difficult,
it might not be too bad.