RE: Fw: Welcome to the InterNAT...

2003-03-26 16:10:49

The WG chairs of the IPv6 WG did determine that there was consensus
of those in the room to deprecate site-local addressing in IPv6.
Like all consensus achieved at IETF meetings, this consensus will
be checked on the list.

BTW, I was at the meeting (Tony was not) and do not agree with his
characterization of the discussion.  The conversation did not focus
on NAT and, IMO, was no more confused than typical WG discussions :-).

Margaret

At 05:16 PM 3/25/2003 -0800, Tony Hain wrote:
Lloyd Wood wrote:
> spaking of which, Noel, where's the obIPv6 whinge on how, now
> that they've deprecated site-local addresses, IPv6 has no
> redeeming features left?

I don't know who 'they' is, but the WG has not deprecated site-local
addresses. As I understand it a completely confused discussion occurred
in SF which equated SL with NAT, but that does not equate to a WG
consensus to depricate something people are already using.

Tony