Re: site local addresses (was Re: Fw: Welcome to the InterNAT...)

2003-03-28 12:58:52

layers above it and a dangerous blow to the hour glass model.

Looking at what is going on in the IETF, I think we are talking about first aid rather than trying to prevent the blow as such. That happened along time ago...:-(

But yes, we need to protect the architectural model or discuss a new one. I vote for the first, and in both cases we need to decide on that fist, before starting to decide on implementations. So leave site-locals for know.

Steve Deering made a wonderful presentation at the plenary in London. More people should read it.

- kurtis -