Re: site local addresses (was Re: Fw: Welcome to the InterNAT...)

2003-03-28 07:58:17
On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 06:46:10PM -0500, Keith Moore wrote:
No, it's more than that.  SLs impose burdens on hosts and apps.
SLs break the separation of function between apps and the network that
is inherent in the end-to-end principle.

Is it safe to assume that the arguments (on either side) would also
apply to such things as multicast addressing and SCTP path management?

Actually we are working toward an architecture that provides a level of
consistency.

Which is essentially what I'm rephrasing into a question above.  I
think I know the answer, but I want to make sure.

John