Re: site local addresses (was Re: Fw: Welcome to the InterNAT...)

2003-03-28 10:02:33
On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:31:23 -0500
John Stracke <jstracke(_at_)centive(_dot_)com> wrote:

Margaret Wasserman wrote:

As you know, I was in favor of setting aside a prefix (FECO::, in
fact) for use as private address space (either on disconnected
networks, or behind NATs), but the consensus of the folks in the
IPv6 WG meeting was to deprecate that prefix altogether.  There were
several compelling arguments from operators and others that we don't
need a special prefix for disconnected sites...

Besides, we have three such prefixes, given RFC-1918 and 6to4:
2002:A00::/24, 2002:AC10::/28, and 2002:C0A8::/32.

the same problems exist for these as for SLs.  we should deprecate these
also when we revise 6to4.