Re: Internet Draft Guidelines Require Precise Formatting?

2003-04-17 23:02:01
Hi Sabahattin,

On Friday, Apr 18, 2003, at 01:37 Canada/Eastern, Sabahattin Gucukoglu wrote:

A) I don't see any RFC or draft that proposes this mechanism already
(though I did notice an obscure atrn and turn used as an extension for
authenticated turn once on a Microsoft SMTP service).  Is it already
available or otherwise documented? My reasons for defining it are really
for another message/draft.
B) I am totally blind, so the process of formatting the document -
especially in plain text - is going to prove very difficult.  Are there
other provisions that I might take advantage of that would solve this
problem?

Any ideas/suggestions much appreciated.

You might take a look at RFC 2629 and the associated tools at

  http://xml.resource.org/

If you can edit HTML, you can mark up an internet-draft in XML per RFC 2629. It's a nice, simple DTD with very few scary monsters, and its text rendering of documents is pretty conformant with 1id-guidelines.txt.

Joe