Re: A simple question

2003-04-19 07:19:06
Mark,

yes, I understood your question.  the reason I posed a different
question was to seek some dialogue about content, rather than debating
process issues.

MP> But your question is phrased as if something was being added rather
MP> than removed.

glad you noticed that.  it was intentional.

site local is, in fact, an addition to the IP architecture and that is
what is causing the controversy.  For example, it has prompted the
suggestion that applications be made to know the difference between site
local vs. global IP addresses.

when we go around making basic additions to an architecture, we should
try to be very clear on how it will be used, how it will impact the rest
of the architecture, and what the benefits and problems are likely to
be.

Hence my original query.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>