Re: A simple question

2003-04-19 14:05:12
  | > No, it isn't.   It is a cleaned up replacement for 1918 addresses.
  | which by itself is reason enough to kill it.

Nothing of the kind.   1918 addresses were created because there was
demonstrated demand for stable local use only addressing.

1918 addresses were created because there was a need for isolated networks to
be able to get address space, and having them pick space at random was
believed to be problematic.

Nothing
has changed in the Internet to cause that demand to go away.

what has changed is that we now have experience with RFC 1918, and we know now
that it is far more of a mess than was anticipated.