Re: A simple question

2003-04-19 14:46:47
On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 04:22:20 +0700
Robert Elz <kre(_at_)munnari(_dot_)OZ(_dot_)AU> wrote:

    Date:        Sat, 19 Apr 2003 16:59:21 -0400
    From:        Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>

  | 1918 addresses were created because there was a need for isolated
  | networks to be able to get address space, and having them pick space
  | at random was believed to be problematic.

Yes, and nothing has changed.

wrong.  we know now that 1918 addresses created a big mess.  and nothing about
IPv6 use of SLs reduces that mess.

If you (and/or the WG as a whole) can come up with a replacement that is
better than site local, and meets the objectives, that's fine.  Until then
don't destroy what we have now, which works now (as in, in in day to day use
now).

no, you have it backwards.  SLs destroy the utility of IPv6.