Re: Internet Draft Guidelines Require Precise Formatting?

2003-04-21 16:02:43
John,

JM>    Although it may seem silly to
JM> some (and some of you may not want to hear from them anyway), the
JM> IETF's formatting rules do present a (relatively small) hurdle to
JM> public policy advocates and other outsiders.

well, this is an unexpected benefit of our formatting rules...

the IETF is a technical body, not a place for public policy debates.

and to the extent you want to pursue the matter seriously, there are
at least two critical items to remembers:

1.  The format requirements are easy to satisfy, with support for MS
Word and XML-based documents readily available;

2.  Technical standards bodies typically have some sort of format
standard. Within my limited experience, the IETF requirements are
easily the easiest.

d/
JM> I personally think that there is value in allowing those less

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>