Re: Internet Draft Guidelines Require Precise Formatting?

2003-04-21 17:35:53
In message
<200304212341(_dot_)h3LNf5sj001409(_at_)calcite(_dot_)rhyolite(_dot_)com>,
Vernon Schryver
writes:

Director, Internet Standards, Technology
    & Policy Project
Center for Democracy and Technology

What does democracy have to do with technical standards or other
information in general and the IETF in particular?

Among the many public policy issues that the IETF has been involved
in -- i.e., that affect out "technical" standards -- are privacy,
wiretapping, crypto export, and IPR.  We won't even go into the
whole ICANN space.  (John Morris, to whom that comment was addressed,
is an author of at least three WG drafts.  I, for one, am glad to have
him around the IETF.)