Re: A simple question

2003-04-22 16:44:50

On 22 Apr 2003, Paul Vixie wrote:

The rhetoric would have us believe that frequent renumbering with IPv6
is seamless and effortless. I don't personally buy that, but there are
some assumptions there that perhaps should be challenged more directly
rather than in this oblique fashion.

yesterday we had to change an AAAA RR and PTR RR because one of our
servers got a new GigE interface to replace the old FastE.  no part
of ipv6 renumbers seamlessly, from where i sit.

IPV6 renumbering was guaranteed to always be problematic when the address
was defined to include the MAC address of the adapter. A mystery to me
from the day I first heard the design but since there is nothing I could
do to expect to change the design, I've not bothered to to try and
understand the rationale.