Re: A simple question

2003-04-23 03:01:30
On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Tim Chown wrote:
On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 08:28:28AM +0300, Pekka Savola wrote:

Who said IPv6 addresses based on MAC addresses should be used on servers?

We certainly don't.  Manually configuring is the thing.

although not with <prefix>::1, at least pick a random-ish 64-bit host
part to make the port scanners have to work rather harder...

Yep.  For example, we use a very simple numbering which makes all the
hosts within a site unique (so, there will not be an address collision
even if server A is moved from link 1 to link 2 where server B is).

Works Just Great (tm).  (Except implementation support could be better
:-).