Re: The utilitiy of IP is at stake here

2003-05-30 17:39:05
I haven't repeatedly (or at all) defamed anyone.

While I don't recall reading the original posts, you've backquoted text you
wrote yourself in which you cast aspersions upon others, which is
defamation.  Speculating that someone lacks experience or that what he has
written is "nonsense" falls into this category.

And I also would like to initiate a formal complaint.

Formal complaints of defamation generally must be based on clear evidence of
damages.  Unless you've lost a job or someone has slashed your tires or
something because of posts on this list, a "formal complaint" really doesn't
serve any purpose.

I suggest that everyone here be a lot less sensitive, and try a lot harder
to stick to the discussion, minus the personal attacks.  It's easy enough to
say "I don't agree with you" without adding "because I think you're stupid."