Re: Answering questions and defamation (was: RE: The utilitiy of IP is at stake here)

2003-05-30 18:33:55
On 5/30/03 at 6:24 PM -0400, Dean Anderson wrote:

So far, you haven't sent anything (despite a very impressive resume) that seems to be relevant experience in tracking abusers.

For some reason, Dean decided to start Cc'ing his private mail conversation with John to me (I'm not sure exactly why), but because of that, I was privy to the e-mail in question and can't let the above statement pass.

Dean's above statement is patently false. John did provide (for Dean's reference, in message <152050487(_dot_)1054196854(_at_)p3(_dot_)JCK(_dot_)COM>) absolutely relevant experience in tracking abusers in the mail to which he refers.

Given the large number of other false statements and invalid arguments in Dean's messages to this list, both on issues of substance and with regard to his personal attacks on John, I have decided not to engage with Dean publicly, though I have sent him private mail pointing out at least one of his invalid arguments. I suggest others might also benefit from subjecting Dean's messages to careful scrutiny; I have found them lacking in factual information and quite misleading.

pr
--
Pete Resnick <mailto:presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102