RE: The utilitiy of IP is at stake here

2003-05-30 09:42:47
Anthony,

First, I sent my mail to the list to make public apologies for the public
insult made to John on this list.

Second, the objective of this mail was not to discredit Dean (despite his
insults), but to apologize vis-à-vis John (because of the insults made to
him).
Read my mail a bit closer, and you will discover that the main idea was not
defamation but apologies.

Finally, I said that I spoke "in the name of every honest and decent
contributor to this list".
So tell me how I should consider the fact that you don't feel concerned...

E.T.

P.S.: this having been said as a "droit de réponse", you are free to
continue this conversation privately, off the list...

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [mailto:owner-ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Anthony
Atkielski
Sent: vendredi 30 mai 2003 9:14
To: IETF Discussion
Subject: Re: The utilitiy of IP is at stake here

John,

If you are speaking only to John, why do you send your message to an entire
list?

Since I don't think Dean "Troll" Anderson will do
it, I would like to apologize, in the name of every
honest and decent contributor to this list, for the
insults made against someone that was so deeply
involved in the development of SMTP and MIME, and
whose contribution, reputation, and experience earned
him the Internet Architecture Board's chair.

Your attempt to discredit someone else on the list is transparently obvious.
Why not just state your disagreement with him and leave it at that, instead
of embarking on a smear campaign?

I feel so sorry to see how dishonest and undecent
one can be with those who contributed to design and
build the Internet and all related technologies
and protocols.

See above.  A rather poor attempt to disguise defamation as nobility.

Perhaps you should simply speak for yourself, instead of presuming to speak
for others, particularly when the latter is really only a platform for
actions of questionable merit?