Re: The utilitiy of IP is at stake here

2003-05-30 17:17:44
Eric writes:

First, I sent my mail to the list to make public
apologies for the public insult made to John on
this list.

But you claim that Dean was the author of an insult.  How can you apologize
for him?  Are you his legal guardian?

Second, the objective of this mail was not to discredit
Dean ...

Yes, it was.  You included many negative comments on Dean that had no place
in your post (in fact, the post overall had no real purpose, since it was
mainly just a personal attack): "troll," "honest and decent contributor"
(implying that Dean was not in this category, "dishonest and undecent"
(adumbrating Dean), and so on.

Why not just stick to the discussion henceforth, and leave character
assassination out of it?