Re: CLOSE ASRG NOW IT HAS FAILED

2003-06-15 23:38:50
I disagree with the requirement because I don't think there is
an enforceable requirement. I think that if there is a problem
and a court case results, that the way the IPR policy has been
enacted will allow any barely competent lawyer to get arround
it.

As I previously stated, this is an *interim* policy because the IRTF does
not have a formal policy at this point, and putting one together is going
to take a fair amount of time.

Even if it is unenforceable, there is a notion of maintaining ethical
behavior; most of us comply with rules of professional conduct even if
they are not legally enforceable.

                Vern