Re: WG review: Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks (l2vpn)

2003-06-18 12:25:04
On 6/18/2003 1:18 PM, Melinda Shore wrote:
We're doing it.

.......the real problem is that many people bringing new
work to the IETF don't know how to accept being told "no"
and it leads to harass-a-thons of the IESG on the one hand
and dubious work on the other.

:-) :-)

I agree.

Primarily, folks want to use it as in
"Ethernet-over-MPLS".  That may not necessarily go down
well with you either, but think of MPLS as a logical FR.

I think we need to retain a focus on connectionless,
packet-oriented delivery and how to build on that.  I wonder
if we aren't going considerably astray with the growing
emphasis on pseudo-circuits.

Again, I agree and support.