Layering purity Re: WG review: Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks (l2vpn)

2003-06-19 06:11:57

Pekka Savola wrote:
        [..]
Moreover, we work on an IP layer.  We enable IP layer to be able to handle
our tasks.  If there is some problem why we cannot just use different IP
subnets between the two (or multiple) end-points, we need to fix that
problem, not burrow even further down the ISO layers.

Oh. A layering purist. I knew something didn't seem quite right.

And "just use different IP subnets" would solve mobile IP?

cheers,
gja  (who should probably be disbarred for having once run IP over ATM
over UDP/IP between New Jersey and Georgia because, well, there
just wasn't a 'real' ATM link at the time and moving ATM cells
was my task...)