RE: Solving the right problems ...

2003-08-27 09:47:53
Jeroen Massar wrote:
... As far as it stands I think that HIP
is going the best way there is. LIN6 is flawed as it won't
scale and can't be deployed easily. Next to those I got my
own odd idea and I will probably work it out and implement it
as a proof of concept. Though timing on when and how may be
completely unknown.

What I was trying to point out is that HIP/etc. is only part of the
solution. What an identity protocol needs is a point in the stack which is
being identified. We can try to stuff it into each of the transport
protocols, but we will have to do that over for each, and there would need
to be complex api options if apps wanted to avoid the identity / topology
mapping. It will be much simpler to leave the existing api path for the apps
that want that service, and provide a layer above transport to manage the
mappings.

Tony