Re: [Fwd: [Asrg] Verisign: All Your Misspelling Are Belong To Us]

2003-09-16 13:17:03
Jim writes:

Correct me if I'm wrong, the principle disruption -- and I want to
emphasize disruption here -- I've seen is that a particular spam
indicator no longer works as expected.  Is there more to this than that?

You could make many random DNS requests of a DNS server and flush the cache,
producing a partial denial of service (or at least a drop in performance).
If every single request for a domain produces an address, existent or not,
it takes up more continuing resources than a request that produces an error.
No?