Re: [Fwd: [Asrg] Verisign: All Your ...

2003-09-17 21:49:20
% Wildcard records make a global assertion for an entire zone.  This is not
% an assertion that VeriSign is entitled to make.  VeriSign does not have
the% right to make assertions about all unregistered domains in NET or COM.
%
      Can you back up your assertion that Verisign is -NOT- entitled?

I've already done so, from numerous angles.

      A number of us think that they do, in fact, have the right to
      assert information about COM and NET, registered or not.  I have
      reason to beleive this, since they assert their rights to do so
      at least twice a day.

Just like a thief asserts his rights to your property.  Neither one is right.