Re: [Fwd: [Asrg] Verisign: All Your ...

2003-09-18 08:58:18
% > % Wildcard records make a global assertion for an entire zone.  This is not
% > % an assertion that VeriSign is entitled to make.  VeriSign does not have
% > the% right to make assertions about all unregistered domains in NET or COM.
% > %
% >     Can you back up your assertion that Verisign is -NOT- entitled?
%
% I've already done so, from numerous angles.

        ok, what about DoC & ICANN agreements w/ VSGN giving them
        the authority to continue to register in and publish
        the .COM and .NET domains?  That looks like an entitlment to me.

% >     A number of us think that they do, in fact, have the right to
% >     assert information about COM and NET, registered or not.  I have
% >     reason to beleive this, since they assert their rights to do so
% >     at least twice a day.
%
% Just like a thief asserts his rights to your property.  Neither one is right.

        Are you insinuating that COM and NET are "your" property?
        Verisign has and continues to publish .COM and .NET zone data
        twice each day that is marked with records that indicate
        they, Verisign are asserting their rights to publish the
        data in those zones.  If you think that Verisign has stolen
        .COM and .NET, then you should make your concerns known to
        your legal advisors, DoC, and Verisign.

--bill