Re: [Fwd: [Asrg] Verisign: All Your ...

2003-09-18 09:39:36

      ok, what about DoC & ICANN agreements w/ VSGN giving them
      the authority to continue to register in and publish
      the .COM and .NET domains?  That looks like an entitlment to me.

the very purpose of those agreements - hell, the primary purpose of ICANN, is
to constrain how NSI/VeriSign  maintains those zones.  how in the world you can
interpret this as an entitlement to VeriSign to make arbitrary and disruptive
changes to the zone is beyond me.

of course there are some people who feel that anything that you can get
away with becomes an entitlement.   I don't happen to share that belief, but
if you are one of those who do, there's no point in our discussing it
further.  but you might want to think about the implications of a world where
the only to solve problems like this is by force.

If you think that Verisign has stolen
      .COM and .NET, then you should make your concerns known to
      your legal advisors, DoC, and Verisign.

the NET owns .COM and .NET.