Re: [Fwd: [Asrg] Verisign: All Your ...

2003-09-22 18:20:59

Dean Anderson wrote

>>> As was pointed out, some servers will give up right away. In either case,
>>> the user should get a bounce, and can follow the instructions as to
>>> whether the delivery will be retried or not
>>>
>> No. On once case your get a "no such host" error and never send the
>> email in the first place and the other case gets a bounce. Not the same
>> thing.You don't seem to understand how mail works. In both cases you get a
>> bounce. In neither case is a message sent.

You do not seem to be getting the message the MTA and MUA MAY be the same
program. So NOT true.

This isn't broken.  You won't send any messages because you won't get to
the "data" command. You will get an SMTP error code. The message is never
delivered to Verisign.

The fact that a 3rd party knows (or can tell) that user X tried
to send email to user Y can be a violation of HIPPA security.

--

Doug(_at_)Royer(_dot_)com                 | Office: (208)612-INET
                               |   Cell: (208)520-4044

               We Do Standards - You Need Standards