Re: Appeal to the IAB on the site-local issue

2003-10-14 09:00:52
In message
<E320A8529CF07E4C967ECC2F380B0CF902335099(_at_)bsebe001(_dot_)americas(_dot_)nokia(_dot_)co
m>, Margaret(_dot_)Wasserman(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com writes:

Hi Scott,

But, for what it's worth, I do not think that there was sufficient
discussion of the option of deprecating SL addresses before
the consensus check was made.  So, in a way, I think the consensus
was wrongly reached, even if I agree that consensus was reached.

If the San Francisco meeting was the only time/place that the IPv6
WG had discussed the topic of what to do regarding IPv6 site-local
addressing, then I might agree with you.

What Margaret said.  This is hardly the first time the issue has come
up; it's been debated for years.