Re: IETF58 - Network Facts

2003-11-19 16:35:06
On Wednesday, November 19, 2003, at 04:57 PM, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
Would it be possible to publish a list of MAC addresses that were
operating in ad-hoc or AP mode?

I'll confess - it happened to me.  12" PowerBook running MacOS X 10.2.8.
It was flipping into ad-hoc mode pretty much every time I tried to use
the wireless network until I installed an updated Airport driver.
Fortunately the menu bar icon shows a small icon of a computer in the
middle of the Airport icon when it's in ad-hoc mode, so at least you can
spot it when it happens, and fortunately there's a fix available.

Melinda