Re: i18n name badges

2003-11-19 17:45:41
Fred,

FB> What I would suggest, if we do this, is writing the person's name *twice*:
FB> once in their native character set, and once in a form that an
FB> english-reader can read. The latter is an established interchange
architecture

I believe that was the intention in the proposal. List names in the same
way we always have, AND list them in their "native" form.

Whether it would helpful to provide a third form -- the ascii encoding
of the native form, as it would be seen in an email address header -- is
a separate question.

/d
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>