Re: i18n name badges

2003-11-19 11:43:17

--On Wednesday, November 19, 2003 09:03 -0800 Dave Crocker
<dhc2(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:

Peter,

PSA> Proposals for making email addresses fully
internationalized were a hot PSA> topic in Minneapolis. I'd
like to suggest a more modest reform: fully PSA>
internationalized IETF name badges. IETF 59 might be a fine
venue for PSA> rolling those out...

 I think that enhanced character sets is a perfect topic for
having the  IETF eat its own dogfood.  Just dealing with the
details of the name  tags might well prove instructive to us,
nevermind the basic politeness  it offers to attendees.

If we are really going to eat our own dogfood, we should also
(or exclusively) print punycode on the badges and then everyone
can carry a ToUnicode converter on his or her laptop or PDA :-(

    john