Re: i18n name badges

2003-11-20 07:00:40
JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

It should be RFID, cheaper, and easier, not only for the blue sheets.

How would RFID be cheaper than barcodes? Someday, maybe, but today the tags are expensive--according to CNet, "depending on volume, customers can expect to pay 30 cents to $1 per radio tag". The IETF would be low-volume, so we'd probably be paying closer to $1 apiece. So just the tags for just one meeting would cost more than a passel of barcode scanners.

--
|John Stracke      |jstracke(_at_)centive(_dot_)com                         |