Re: arguments against NAT?

2003-12-02 07:32:19
Spencer Dawkins wrote:
Yeah, but this was the point. Where is the community consensus
document that says all this?

RFC 2993 is the closest thing I could find to what I want, and it's
rather good (thanks Tony), so it's at the top of the reading list I've
sent to the new sysadmin.  I'll be interested to see his reaction to it.

Looks like disaster may be averted in my case: the responsible manager,
in a rare fit of technical eptitude, has spotted that the new sysadmin is
interfering in things that already work.  Strangely, address allocation
is just about the only thing on this network that *isn't* broken.

-zefram