Re: /48 micro allocations for v6 root servers, was: national security

2003-12-08 14:15:39
Bill Manning wrote:

% b) that it's generally agreed that all the RIR's ought
% to have the same rules regarding microallocations, (b) on the other hand, has any number of legal implications... collusion, monopolies, etc.
But this is a example where uniformity is desirable on technical grounds (i.e., if the policies aren't uniform, nobody will know how small they can afford to filter). That's got to be legal, or no standards body would be safe. Or do you think the participants in, say, the ipp WG are vulnerable to charges of colluding to drive competing printing protocols from the market?

--
|John Stracke      |jstracke(_at_)centive(_dot_)com              |