Re: [ipv6-wg(_at_)ripe(_dot_)net] RE: /48 micro allocations for v6 root servers, was: national security

2003-12-08 18:02:29
% > Root nameservers are a very different story of course...
%
% A /32 contains 65k /48's, so these IX blocks could provide for
% enough /48's for 65k IX's, thus unless that switch at the back
% of my desk, which connects 'neighbours' too is to be called an
% IX, because they have a linux router and me too and they speak
% BGP is going to be called an IX it shouldn't be a problem if
% the same block is used for 26? and maybe 3 tld servers per country.
%
% At least everybody will know that that /32 will have more specifics.
%
% Greets,
%  Jeroen

        2001:0478:: was delegated expressly for IX and core infrastructure.
        Thats where at least one of the IPv6 prefixes for root-servers
        exists.  Two are from ARIN micro-allocations and there is a
        /32 for another server.

--bill