Re: /48 micro allocations for v6 root servers, was: national security

2003-12-10 03:05:52
On 10-dec-03, at 10:28, leo vegoda wrote:

http://lacnic.net/en/chapter-4.html
http://ftp.apnic.net/apnic/docs/ipv6-address-policy
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ipv6-policies.html
http://www.arin.net/policy/ipv6_policy.html
http://www.iana.org/ipaddress/ipv6-allocation-policy-26jun02

In fact, we have a shorter and easier to read document giving details of minimum allocation lengths. It was produced at the request of the routing community and can be found at:

   <http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/smallest-alloc-sizes.html>

We update it when we receive a new block from the IANA.

Ok, that's good, but it doesn't fix the problem that the list of documents above _seems_ authoritative and says it's ok to filter at /32. And this isn't just theory: I'm sitting behind an ISP that filters out the /48 for the F root server.

(You don't mention micro allocations by the way, but unless I'm mistaken you guys do give those out sometimes.)