Re: /48 micro allocations for v6 root servers, was: national security

2003-12-10 08:48:15
% We assign small networks to IXPs.
%
% The document has the following in it reflecting this:
%
% CIDR block         Smallest RIPE NCC        Smallest RIPE NCC
%                     Allocation               Assignment
% 2001:0600::/23     /35                      /48
%
% Again, if people feel that the text published needs to be improved then
% please let us know. We don't want to publish anything ambiguous or
% misleading. We're happy to improve text whenever people indicate
% improvements can be made.
%
% leo vegoda

Leo, this is the text we use for IX delegations. For CI uses, transit of
said prefix is a valid injection.

Exchange Point Announcement Statement

Our statement regarding the injection of EP.NET address space into a routing
system.

"anyone who has a properly delegated /32 address delegated/assigned from a /24
within 198.32.0.0/16 may announce that /24 to their peers. This is also true
in IPv6 space in that anyone with a properly delegated /64 assigned from a /48
in the 2001:0478::/32 space may annouce that /48 to their peers. Prefix
aggregates are discouraged and as a general rule may be considered to be proxy
aggregations made by parties who are not direct participants in any address
assignments from these ranges."

--bill