Re: Names of standards-track RFCs

2004-07-14 10:21:40
John C Klensin wrote:

The expansion of it
as an abbreviation doesn't provide significant information and
may, indeed, add to confusion.
It also makes it harder to search rfc-index.txt, since names can span line boundaries and abbrevations can't.

Now, as far as I have been able to tell, everyone who has
anything to do with 3GPP or its standards knows it as "3GPP".
It's also reported in the trade press as 3GPP; I don't have anything to do with it, but I recognize 3GPP and didn't recognize "3rd Generation Partnership Project".

--
|John Stracke      |jstracke(_at_)centive(_dot_)com                      |