Mailing list identification, e.g., [IETF], in subject lines (was: RE: Names of standards-track RFCs )

2004-07-15 07:57:05
Hi.

Since I'm the apparent offender...

Those little inserts are a function of list management software
(which software is chosen and how it is configured), and not the
actions of individual authors (despite the indication I manually
included in this posting).  If a change in how the IETF list
works is needed, you probably need to take it up with the
Secretariat or the IESG.

best,
    john

--On Wednesday, 14 July, 2004 23:43 -0700 Dr Harsh Verma